Hi, folks. I’m S. Thomas Summers. Most people call me Scott. The S in S. Thomas Summers stands for Scott, but S. Thomas Summers makes me sound smarter than I really am. It possesses the same ring that F. Scott Fitzgerald’s name has and I assume F. Scott was pretty smart.
Here are a few things about me.
1. I trust and believe in Jesus Christ has my personal savior. I do my best to live my life in such a way that would please Him. How do I do that? Love everybody. Yup, everybody. It’s not always easy, but I’m getting better at it.
2. I am a husband to my wonderful, beautiful wife. An amazing woman, she keeps our family rolling.
3. I am a father to a beautiful young lady named Reanna, 23. I’m also called dad by acarbon copy of myself, my boy Garrett, 13. Both of my kids have and continue to make me very proud.
4. I’m a teacher/professor of literature and writing at Wayne Hill High School in Wayne, NJ and at Passaic County Community College in Paterson, NJ. Teaching – I love it. What else would I do?
5. I’m a writer. I’ve written two books: Private Hercules McGraw and The Journals of Lt. Kendall Everly. Both are stories of the American Civil War. Writing…well, to me, is just as important as breathing.
This blog’s tagline is Breathing with Some Ink and a Hammer. As I said writing, to me, is like breathing. I need to do it. It keeps me living, so to speak, but sometimes it’s hard, really hard. Sometimes I feel I’m writing with a hammer rather than a pen. By extension, life is hard. He all carry our hammers. We all need to wield them from time to time. Through this blog, I hope to explore all the good and bad stuff about wielding our hammers.
Anyway, that’s me. That’s my blog. If you have any questions, let me know. Hopefully, I’ll see ya here and there.