I’ve been teaching for twenty years, a period of time in which I’ve graded thousands of papers, led thousands of lessons, and helped thousands of students learn a bit more about literature and writing. Yup, I’ve done everything a teacher is expected to do; however, a few days ago, I did something I never expected to do.
I was asked my the junior class of Wayne Hills High School to be their mascot at the Hills 2013 Spirit Rally. The juniors dubbed themselves the Junior Justice League and I was asked to represent them as famous reporter Clark Kent (but a bit of Superman spilled out.)
See that photo. Yes, that’s me. It’s funny. I was walking around the school wearing a pair of glasses. I don’t usually wear glasses. My shirt was pinned open, my tie was askew, and Superman’s big red was emblazoned on my chest. Did I look ridiculous? Who cares! I felt great. I was Superman. I WAS SUPERMAN. Besides, everyone thought I looked pretty cool.
- Clark Kent does it…shouldn’t we all??? (nutsandspokesblog.wordpress.com)
- Superman! (clarkredhead.wordpress.com)
- What brand of glasses was Clark Kent wearing in Smallville? (brandsandfilms.com)
- Elements of Steel: Superman’s Iconic Logo Rebuilt by Shutterstock (shutterstock.com)
- Do you want to be Superman? (xuexin007.wordpress.com)
- The Time JFK Helped Superman Keep His Secret Identity (badassdigest.com)
- The Philosophy of Man of Steel: A Review by The Conservative New Ager and The Snark Who Hunts Back (thesnarkwhohuntsback.wordpress.com)