Often, I receive inspiration from unexpected sources, even sources seemingly unrelated to my writing. For example, yesterday, I went for a walk with my son. We visited a small pond nestled in the wood not far from my home. We looked for leaves, large golden/amber leaves, each of us striving to discover that perfect piece of autumn. The air was cool. Breathing deeply, I filled my lungs and was grateful for it. When I returned home, I wanted to write. I needed to write, to plunge into the world I was creating as I plunged, with my son, into the day that was created for me. Was it the day’s beauty? Was it the brisk air? Was it my son? I don’t know, but I was inspired. I wanted to write, and I did. I’ll share what I wrote with you soon.
So, where do you discover inspiration? Or does it discover you?
- National Blog Posting Month – Let the Madness Begin! (debramanskey.com)
- Inspiration for Your Blogging, Writing & Creativity – Louisa May Alcott Quote (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- NaNoWriMo: No More Excuses! (a0willow.wordpress.com)
- For Your Writing, Blogging & Creative Inspiration: Einstein on Talents & Curiosity (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- Inspiration for Your Blogging, Writing & Creativity: A Quote, Creativity Prompt and More (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- Coming out of the writers’ closet, loud and clear (rootswingsprettythings.wordpress.com)